By David A Gewirtz (Editor), Shawn Edan Holt (Editor), Steven Grant (Editor)
Read or Download Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer PDF
Similar oncology books
Precise radiotherapy is determined by and exploits features of melanoma cells to assault tumors. Monoclonal Antibody and Peptide-Targeted Radiotherapy of melanoma is helping readers comprehend this sizzling pharmaceutical box with updated advancements. specialist dialogue covers a number of various themes linked to this box, together with the optimization of layout of biomolecules and radiochemistry, phone and animal versions for preclinical assessment, discoveries from key scientific trials, radiation biology and dosimetry, and issues in regulatory approval.
Even though many years of laboratory and medical learn have ended in incremental development in therapy end result, lung melanoma is still essentially the most lethal illnesses. within the moment, thoroughly up to date version of this entire publication, a number of the world’s major lung melanoma experts speak about the hot advances within the radiation oncology of lung melanoma and consider the newest learn findings.
Useful medical Oncology, second version, offers a pragmatic and complete assessment of the present administration of universal kinds of melanoma. Introductory chapters provide heritage details at the major remedy modalities and different key matters equivalent to acute oncology, palliative care and scientific study, with new chapters on pathology and complicated exterior beam radiotherapy.
- Targeted therapies in oncology
- Targeted therapies in oncology
- Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology
- Treatment of Cancer (A Hodder Arnold Publication) - 5th edition
- Renal Cancer. Methods and Protocols
- Leukemia - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional resources for Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer
Shayesteh L, Lu Y, Kuo WL, et al. PIK3CA is implicated as an oncogene in ovarian cancer. Nat Genet 1999; 21(1):99–102. 254. Kaufmann SH, Gores GJ. Apoptosis in cancer: cause and cure. Bioessays 2000; 22:1007–17. 255. Kennedy SG, Kandel ES, Cross TK, Hay N. Akt/protein kinase B inhibits cell death by preventing the release of cytochrome C from mitochondria. Mol Cell Biol 1999; 19(8):5800–10. 256. Fridman JS, Lowe SW. Control of apoptosis by p53. Oncogene 2003; 22:9030–40. 257. Michalak EM, Villunger A, Erlacher M, Strasser A.
Oncogene 1991; 6:1915–22. 238. Evan GI, Wyllie AH, Gilbert CS, et al. Induction of apoptosis in fibroblasts by c-myc protein. Cell 1992; 69(1): 119–28. 239. Zindy F, Eischen CM, Randle DH, et al. Myc signaling via the ARF tumor suppressor regulates p53-dependent apoptosis and immortalization. Genes Dev 1998; 12:2424–33. 240. Egle A, Harris AW, Bouillet P, Cory S. Bim is a suppressor of Myc-induced mouse B cell leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2004; 101:6164–9. 241. Eischen CM, Woo D, Roussel MF, Cleveland JL.
74. Coultas L, Strasser A. The role of the Bcl-2 protein family in cancer. Semin Cancer Biol 2003; 13(2):115–23. 75. Vaux DL, Cory S, Adams JM. Bcl-2 gene promotes haemopoietic cell survival and cooperates with c-myc to immortalize pre-B cells. Nature 1998; 335(6189):440–2. 76. Hockenbery DM, Nuñez G, Milliman C, Schreiber RD, Korsmeyer SJ. Bcl-2 is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that blocks programmed cell death. Nature 1990; 348:334–6. 77. Puthalakath H, Strasser A. Keeping killers on a tight leash: transcriptional and post-translational control of the pro-apoptotic activity of BH3-only proteins.